The Range Rover project
Home | Page 1 | Page 2 | Page 3 | Page 4 | Page 5 | Page 6 | Page 7 | Page 8 | Page 9 | Links

  Finishing touches

Next the comfort zone had to be built. I was hoping this was going to be a simple and straightforward exercise. Of course this was not the case.

The Range Rover trim leaves a little to be desired. It appears to be a poorly fitting gaggle of British Leyland and Rover parts hashed randomly on a flimsy plastic mistake.

A bit harsh? Maybe. It definitely is not what you would expect from a vehicle that at the time would have cost the same as a small house. I have lodged a new plan in my brain to get some interior trim material and try covering the spare dash. If that works I will bolt the lot together at a later date.

(click thumbnails for larger images)
The dead speedometer needed replacing and the angle gear greased The gearbox cover was fitted using body sealer and pop rivets Fitting the stereo was a serious exercise in space management
The dead speedometer needed replacing and the angle gear greased The gearbox cover was fitted using body sealer and pop rivets Fitting the stereo was a serious exercise in space management
Next on the list was the centre console... ...along with it's associated bits and pieces Stuffing the dash with foam padding for no readily apparent reason...
Next on the list was the centre console... ...along with it's associated bits and pieces Stuffing the dash with foam padding for no readily apparent reason...
...then hiding it Rubber underlay fitted in the footwell... followed by the carpet and scuff plate
...then hiding it Rubber underlay fitted in the footwell... ...followed by the carpet and scuff plate
The passenger side receives the same treatment Let's not forget the back I decide I do not like the passenger seat so I replace it
The passenger side receives the same treatment Let's not forget the back I decide I do not like the passenger seat so I replace it
The rear floor is fitted using easibead and pop rivets Followed by the carpets and trim The lower tailgate gets new foam buffers...
The rear floor is fitted using easibead and pop rivets... ...followed by the carpets and trim The lower tailgate gets new foam buffers...
...before being fitted Such style, such flair Too much style for me, out it comes
...before being fitted Such style, such flair Too much style for me, out it comes
I cleaned the headlining from the silver RR... ...got some of this... ...and stuck the two together
I cleaned the headlining from the silver RR... ...got some of this... ...and stuck the two together...
...before wrestling it into place I also managed to get hold of some wheel arch liners from Land Rover heaven Since I had the front wheels off I thought I may as replace the swivel oil with grease
...before wrestling it into place I also managed to get hold of some wheel arch liners from Land Rover heaven Since I had the front wheels off I thought I may as replace the swivel oil with grease
Home | Page 1 | Page 2 | Page 3 | Page 4 | Page 5 | Page 6 | Page 7 | Page 8 | Page 9 | Links | Contact